Location: St. Louis
This position is an entry level analyst position for the non-foods team which is primarily focused on cosmetics, OTC medications, household cleaners, and dietary supplements. A degree in a scientific field and proven ability to conduct thorough research is a must, as non-food ingredients can be very technical in nature. The ideal candidate is a tireless and diligent researcher with a passion for getting things right. You should enjoy learning new things, and have the ability to develop and manage independent projects.
The ability to multi-task, manage numerous priorities, communicate, and a strong interest in the CPG industry will help a candidate succeed in this role. The candidate will gain a deep understanding of Label Insight’s data structure and product offerings in order to help assist Senior level team members.
- Complete in depth research from numerous scientific sources, summarize findings, and create recommendations for database applications. Research typically surrounds regulation and industry trends.
- Understand FDA and EPA regulation as it impacts personal care, household cleaners and medicine products.
- Develop familiarity with product formulation on an ingredient level and functional composition.
- Understand active ingredients as they appear on cosmetics and drug products.
- Act as support on various projects led by senior team members.
- Work alongside and learn from industry experts on cutting edge and dynamic projects, gaining knowledge through independent research and experience.
- Help to manage a database of ingredients, marketing claims, and active ingredient data.
Work internally within the data and tech departments.
- Write, run, and interpret SQL query results.
- Lead individual quarterly projects as assigned.
- Create reports for both clients and internal management.
- Provide status updates to management addressing project status, risks and issues
- A Bachelor’s degree in a science field (chemistry, biology, or similar)
- Proven ability to perform research.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly learn and grow under the mentorship of industry experts.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Excel, including special formulas.
- Ability to thrive working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Desire to grow and develop a career.
About the Team
The Data Transformation team is a highly driven team of subject matter experts, whose backgrounds and experiences greatly influence the way data is organized and refined within the database. This team is divided into three subsections of food, non-food, and attribution specialists. It is the responsibility of this team to use industry regulations and trends to build taxonomies and inform data structure. The team is often utilized to develop custom attribution for clients, consulting with their in-house experts to build SPECs that suit specific use cases. We are experts in ingredients, marketing claims, and regulatory landscapes so that Label Insight is able to provide the most in-depth cutting edge data possible.
About Label Insight
Label Insight is a rapidly growing VC backed startup growing in both the St. Louis and Chicago markets. We are the industry’s most powerful and innovative CPG product data insight exchange for CPG manufacturers and retailers. The industry’s largest retailers and manufacturers rely on our platform as an integral solution to manage their product data, increasing their ability to respond to the demands for transparency in the market. Label Insight’s partnership with the FDA, proprietary technology, and scientific data structures set us apart from all other solutions in the industry. Our mission has always been to make vast amounts of product label data accessible and easily analyzable. Check out more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.