This non-exempt, hourly, full-time poosition reports to the Director of Formulation
The Formulation Specialist will deliver superior quality formulations through material selection, specification and testing, documentation, education and training support across all product lines.
- Evaluate research to maintain and improve product lines.
- Generate, distribute and implement knowledge about raw materials, formulations and manufacturing process within the organization.
- Assist formulation and reformulation efforts, from cradle to grave. This includes stability testing the final formulation in small batches as well as assisting with initial scale up batch manufacturing.
- Assist in the making of trial batches needed for product improvements and or /product issue research. Test and evaluate new and alternative raw materials.
- Assist with expediting cost-efficient sources of raw materials for reformulations and existing products when necessary.
- Maintain accurate formula files, test samples, pilot samples, and raw material files. This includes GMP documentation of SDS and ingredient COAs.
- Assist with creating public file structure that anyone in the company can see as needed (with the correct access level).
- Provide and technical support to the organization, including Quality, Regulatory, Product
- Development, Product, Brand, Customer Service and Sales teams by answering questions and providing supporting documents.
- Follows appropriate lab and plant safety practices and performs job duties in a compliant and safe manner.
- Performs other related duties that may be required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Bio-Chemistry or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in production laboratory.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and climb stairs. Ability to lift, push, and carry up to 50 lbs. upstairs required. Visual acuity to view documents, computer monitor and machine components.
- Analytical Thinking
- Detail Oriented
- Team Oriented
- Project Management
- Communication Skills
Equipment Used for This Job
Office and lab equipment. Production equipment as needed.